Why tuberculosis patients in a health unit failed to persevere with their treatment
MetadataShow full item record
A problem which is impeding tuberculosis control in the Health Unit at Magdalena, Peru, as it does in any health service, is lack of regularity in attendance for treatment on the part of ambulatory patients, a large percentage of whom abandon their treatment. In 1967, the bronchopulmonary service in this health unit had several hundred patients; 90 per cent of these followed the course of treatment regularly. The other 10 per cent were recalcitrant.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Evaluación de la costo-efectividad de un modelo integral de tratamiento ambulatorio en pacientes con síndrome coronario agudo: aplicación de un modelo de Markov probabilístico Salgado, Kelly; Salazar-Uribe, Juan Carlos; Gallo-Villegas, Jaime; Valencia, Ángela; Espíndola-Fernández, Diego; Mesa, Cristina; de la Calle, Juan; Montoya, Yanett; Aristizábal, Dagnóvar (2018-02)[RESUMEN]. Objetivo. Evaluar la costo-efectividad de un modelo integral de tratamiento ambulatorio en pacientes que presentaron un síndrome coronario agudo. Métodos. Se realizó una evaluación económica a partir de un estudio ...
HIV testing, antiretroviral therapy, and treatment outcomes in new cases of tuberculosis in Brazil, 2011 Torrens, Ana; Bartholomay, Patricia; Silva, Silvano; Khogali, Mohammed; Verdonck, Kristien; Bissell, Karen (2016-01)Objective. To assess the implementation of HIV-related interventions for patients with tuberculosis (TB), as well as TB treatment outcomes in patients coinfected with HIV in Brazil in 2011. Methods. This was a ...
Factors associated with delays in pulmonary tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment initiation in Cali, Colombia Córdoba, Cindy; Luna, Lucy; Triana, Diana M.; Perez, Freddy; López, Lucelly (2019-03)[ABSTRACT]. Objective. To determine factors associated with delays in pulmonary tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment initiation in the city of Cali, Colombia. Methods. This was a retrospective cohort study of cases of ...